The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Yay for Yablett ...

For anyone who knows me, the GFC (Geelong Football Club) are close to my heart and the news that Gary Ablett will be inducted into the AFL Hall Of Fame gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside.

On the field, he was like no other. Off it, he has many flaws. The major one? ''God'' was too affected by alcohol and probably drugs to save the life of a young fan, 20-year-old Alisha Horan, who died after a night partying with Ablett. Coroner Noreen Toohey said an infatuated Horan was out of her league.

For Horan's family, the pain will never go away, which explains why Ablett's inclusion was always going to cause a furore. But the time is now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home