The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Sunday, June 05, 2005

iHave joined the dark side ...

Using the Internet I purchased a 60GB iPod Photo today for just under $A600. I know the District Attorney (S to the D'A) won't be happy. He thinks that this personal and portable jukebox is contributing to the tethering of society. But I wholeheartedly invite him to publish his displeasure on this so-called blog.

If music is the soundtrack to my life, then I will soon be nodding and plodding to the best sounds around! Custard once said: "I used to think we had the technology". Well, now we have. I'm just a few years behind.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Predictably, I am disgusted by this abhorant disregard for the very fabirc of our society. iPod didn't help Ella Fitzgerald nor Duke Ellington one bit. When Bing unwittingly invented the first voice reording unit, now adorned by millions of avid music lovers world wide - who drive vehicles post Holden VC model, he did not lean on this metric sized fridge magnet for inspiration. When Brittney confirmed that she had lost her virginity, she sure as hell wasn't referring to her damn iPod. iPods won't drive your car, they won't pass legislation through the Senate, they won't help the Australian Democrats nor Don, and they won't reinstall the innate principals of human interaction, communication. iPods won't find the WMD's they won't pick up my dry cleaning, and they won't pick up that hot blonde at the bar (in fact should anyone commisison a study, I am confident results would indicate that use of an iPod in this or any veril environment would lessen your chances, although I concede on particular M-Train netowrks to the lower socio-economic western and affluent eastern 'burbs your chances may considerable increase). I have a pager. Invented by some bozzo with boofed hair in some high-rise fifth avenue appartment in the 80's these gems still vibe. I tender that the iPod has as much use now as it will tomorrow as a personal computer (wow haven't they come a long way - I adore my Commodore 64), a 1950's voice recording unit or a pager as a paper weight. Kin Hubbards once reminded us that 'intelligent people are always on the unpopular side of anything.' The Prosecution rests your Honour.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home