The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Thursday, November 03, 2005

The cold November rain ...

Was W.Axl Rose singing about Oregon at this time of year? True to form, it's pouring down here. Rivjuando, who is almost as well-known as yours truly on this blog, picked me up from Portland International Airport this evening after a whirlwind day of travel by planes, trains and automobiles. By the time I had touched down, more than 25 hours had elapsed since I left Cousin Slugg's apartment in London, adjacent to Ghetto Stonehenge. After saying goodbye - although we will be catching up in San Francisco later this month for his 26th birthday, the first without his twin brother - I caught a bus, a train and then another bus before flying to Chicago. If Heathrow isn't the world's largest airport, then Chicago's O'Hare would come close. From there, I caught three trains to Midway, the windy city's other airport. One train trip was with a homeless guy who wanted a smile, some travelling stories and, in the end, some cash. Unfortunately, I had $US1 and I doubt that British pounds would have helped this poor soul.

It would have been nice to reaquaint myself with Chi-Town after having a great time there a couple of months ago, but I was overwhelmed with all the gear I carried around. Three backpacks and a couple of shopping bags full to the brim. Who said I was a hoarder?

Anyway, now that I'm back, I'll try over the next week or so to give a post-game summary of my last three weeks, which included an awesome 16-day tour of Europe. I'm not sure how I'll go about it but the readers who are left (including Paul Robinson from the esteemed broadsheet - not to be confused with the slimy, evil fraudster with the same name on Neighbours) will be in for a treat.

Keep your eyes on the prize!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just to change tune and keep you in touch with reality, Blazers lose 90-86 to the T-wolves, some things change (like your coach) others remain the same (like your crappy results)!

     
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Yahoo! Welcome back to Oregon rain and wind. A big pub crawl may be a little hard to do in this weather, but I still think we should give it a shot...after the first two bars, we'll be too drunk to care anyway right?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home