The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Check it, reality. It sucks ...

The places you have come to fear the most. An awesome line from a Dashboard Confessional song. For me, today is December 7, and it's the time I have come to fear the most. In other words, it's my last day of freedom before I go back to work.

Tomorrow.

December 8 has long been circled in various diaries that I own and, quite frankly, I never actually thought the day would come. Like my return around this time last week, I'm a bit indifferent to it all. I think that's just the way I am and the way it will be ... for a while. To quote a lovely card that I received in the mail from Rivjuando and Soule Sista yesterday: "We hope readjustment to 'reality' goes well but don't let the travelling spirit get buried in day-to-day life!" I couldn't have said it better.

I know I've been as regular as fibre in recent days recounting the last stages of my five months of fun but what have I been up to in the last eight days since my return? Well ...
  • I had my first chicken parma last night with Cousin Davis, who makes his belated debut on this here blog. If you don't recall, he is the (older) twin brother of Cousin Slugg, who's somewhat a celebrity because of his frequent appearances on The Life And Times Of JB. He'll be stoked to hear that.
  • I've caught up with K-Lenko a couple of times and we've talked about fantasy basketball and women, who, in my mind, are still a fantasy.
  • To lessen the blow of returning to work after my extended hiatus, I decided to turn up to the work Christmas party (which was actually held in December this year) with the help of OG - The Original Gangster last Friday night. I caught up with many people who asked many questions. I proceeded to walk to the free bar to load myself up with beer. How very Australian.
  • I did a tour of the lovely suburb of Abbotsford on Saturday afternoon with my work colleague, Fruity Lexia, who also makes her first appearance on the blog. It was a swell day, although I was a bit hungover from staying out until 5am. And what would a visit to this suburb be without having an Abbotsford Invalid Stout? An underrated beer in this man's humble opinion. We topped off the day with a souvlaki, although this was purchased in Swan Street, Richmond.
  • I've been helping out my new housemates, Momma Blog and Poppa Blog. Yesterday, yours truly was behind the BBQ cooking for the Christmas party at Momma Blog's nursing home (I hasten to add she doesn't actually own it). I have also assisted Poppa Blog in digging up the backyard to lay down some grass.
It's going to be a weird experience substituting the camera, which has been attached to my person since July, for my mobile phone, which I conveniently left at home.

So there you have it. Plenty of proof that fun is still being had on Australian shores. Stay tuned.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger Stephens said…

    Well, for your first day back at the old salt mines, I invite to spend some company time on the freshly updated blog of the Polish Gypsy.

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger m said…

    I enjoyed meeting you in Portland and have also enjoyed following your American journeys through your blog. Best of luck "down under".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home