The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Friday, November 18, 2005

Blacking out the friction (and clearing up the confusion) ...

What a concert! I just wanted to post my preliminary thoughts on one of the most versatile acts in the music world today. The concert at the Crystal Ballroom provided me with a semi-flashback from the last time I was there in late 2002. I went with Rivjuando, Soule Sista, Clintorious and G.I. Charley to see Everclear play a hometown show. Anyway, I was in Rivj's car on the way back to his place with DCFC's "The Photo Album" playing in the background. It became the soundtrack to my trip and I knew then that this band would be one of my favourites and would go on to bigger and better things. Hopefully moving from an independent label won't change these digable dudes from Seattle, although it was announced at the show that lead guitarist Chris Walla bought a house in Portland. Who can blame the guy? Especially when the place is having extraordinary weather at the moment. Not a cloud in the sky.

I got an e-mail from Yvonne from Victoria today (now residing in London) and she's resenting the bad weather in that big city. For her, I wanted to clear up the fact that I wasn't referring to myself as a guy who "has the ladies on a stick with his charm and good looks" in an earlier blog posting. I was actually speaking about KL but the compliment was certainly noted!

And a big thank you to (Not So) Single Forever, who joined Rivjuando, Soule Sista and myself at last night's gig. She gave me a glowing review on her blog and I hoped that the mutual backslapping would continue. Beforehand, I got this photo with my gracious hosts at an equally gracious location known as Scooter's in Portland. I've had many good times both with them and at Scooter's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home