The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

No weddings, just funerals ...

One of my many bosses here at the esteemed broadsheet today called me "The Undertaker". The unwanted moniker came via mobile phone as I was just on my way back to the office having left one funeral I had just covered. It was then that he asked me to travel across town to go to another funeral. The earlier one had been for a teenager who had been hit by a taxi. This time, it was for a very wealthy couple who died in a plane crash. Many of my colleagues, including the Atomic Bombie, couldn't believe it. I just said I was a big boy and I could cope.

Both funerals were sad in their own ways. The teenager was due to become a man and turn 18 next week. The couple were being mourned in the same church as they were married almost 40 years ago.

Anyway, on a lighter note, here is a funny picture from the second Christmas party that I attended the other night. I'm here with my mate, Four Example, who graciously let me crash on the floor of his swank, inner-city abode. It's similar to the one I used to live in, but his is better. We drank plenty of not-so-free beer and then walked home and crashed at 3am after a beer on his balcony.

I had intended to travel to Killer Cali with him, but our times didn't match unfortunately. I envy this dude. Despite his attempts of blowing me a kiss, he's a perfectly straight bloke (so am I despite the pink polo shirt) with a dream job interviewing rock stars like the Rolling Stones and has an American girlfriend. Not that I want an American girlfriend as this would bring further complications to a very complicated life so confused by travel and geographic locations. I need solutions, not problems. Ya heard?

2 Comments:

  • At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice ppiinnkk shirt!!!!!!

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    are you SURE??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home