The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Hey you, down in front ...

"What's been holding you up, JB?" While last Friday certainly belonged to my sister, K-Beezer, and her new husband, Cameroon, I managed to delay proceedings by trying to fix a troublesome cuff link. To paraphrase 2Pac, all eyes were on me, only briefly. The bride wore white, the groom wore pink and both looked resplendent. I'm now housesitting for them in G-Dub as they enjoy their honeymoon in tropical North Queensland.

Happy New Year by the way! To quote Death Cab For Cutie: "So this is the new year. And I don't feel any different." I'm into taking lyrics from songs. Music is the soundtrack to my life. I know it's a bit late for 2006 greetings but I've failed to heed my own advice and remain blog savvy. However there's been a lot happening as this here blog will now attest. So read on.

I actually slept during the countdown for 2006, a combination of hot weather and cold beer. But given that the wedding was on Friday, I had to get my rest. I'm getting old now. Which reminds me, come Tuesday I'll have to update my profile. You know it, the one that says: "I'm a 27-year-old single bloke ..." No, I haven't got a girlfriend yet but rather I'll be a year older. Of all places, I'll be at work on that milestone day.

The wedding was absolutely lovely and the day just went very quickly. And now, drum roll please, here are the photos. An Internet exclusive. Again, the same criteria exists for pictures that appear on this blog - I have to be in them! Clockwise from top left: (1) A cheerful Poppa Blog with his two sons. That would be me and Rogan Josh. (2) Cousin Slugg's brothers with JB. Note: Cousin Davis to my left looks like his twin, Cousin Slugg, who is actually the older twin, not the younger one as first reported. The Slugger could be appearing on milk cartons really soon, as he's been missing in action over in London and unable to be contacted. Let's call their older brother Cousin JC, not to be confused with Stainglass JC in the Beaver Brewer's window. (3) K-Beezer and her protective brothers. They make a formidable trio. (4) JB's family with Cameroon and my Momma Blog's mum. That would make her my grandma.



















It was a great day, except for some mediocre MC duties by JB. People were at ease as I bumbled my way on the mic. The chicks especially seemed to dig it. I totally stuffed up the order of the cutting of the cake, the toast, the bridal waltz and speeches, which made everyone laugh. Funnily enough, alcohol wasn't involved. I've just never been a good public speaker, despite my role in the media. I joked that The Hoff and his Babewatch crew would have to come and save me as I was drowning badly. No one really knew what I meant, however. It seemed the joke was on me.

Yesterday, we had the post-wedding beers and BBQ at Cameroon's parents place. Bocce was played. I'm saving this for another post. Again, some great photos and anecdotes, but you'll have to wait for those.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    your sis looks stunning and I am sure you were a great MC!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home