The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Round 2 - Kangaroos bounced by the Cats ...

It's a sweet view from the top of the Reg Hickey Stand and from the top of the AFL ladder. It was another week, another victory and another top day at K-Park yesterday with Poppa Blog. There were subtle changes in the hamper (sorry, dodgy plastic bag) with the traditional Heinz tomato soup being a late inclusion in the Thermos for the radical spicy tomato version that impressed last week. We also bought a garlic and cheese pull-apart from Baker's Delight before the match. In: Doritos' nacho cheese corn chips. Out: Smith's chicken chips. I'm sure Alaskan Marcus likes my brand recognition! The goodies were washed down with some Pepsi Max and a couple of Carlton Draughts. Surprisingly, Poppa Blog repeatedly refused my offers for a beer. Has the world gone crazy? Or is it just him? Haha! The day was made better because of a lovely young lass who just happens to sit next to us. Like the spicy tomato soup, she impressed on debut after missing last week's match. I just might struggle to keep my eyes on the field this season!

I have been battling a cold for most of the week and the occasional bursts of sunshine were a welcome change from last week's blustery and rainy conditions. But as I mentioned, the result was pretty much the same. Another dominating win. There were many highlights and rather than me tell you about them, why not read what the esteemed broadsheet had to say. "Kingsley kicks eight as Cats dazzle" was the headline and the final score was Geelong 22.6 (138) to the Kangaroos' 10.9 (69).

For those expats who follow other teams, you have the Internet, don't you? Only kidding. For Yvonne from Victoria and AC, the not-so-mighty Demons would be close to the bottom of the ladder after dropping their first two games. If only we played them in Round 3, but alas, we'll have to wait as Geelong plays Hawthorn next week, Easter Saturday. It promises to be a big one. I'm giving my seat away to Momma Blog so I can watch the game and drink beer in the social club with an even mix of Cats and Hawks supporters, some of whom happen to be my friends. Hopefully, JB's camera will catch all the action. Regardless, read all about it, here, next week.

Speaking of AC, I haven't heard from him lately, but he received some good news the other week (I was remiss by not posting an update) with his condition and his survival rate remarkably improving. I'm sure that our well wishes have contributed to the cause.

You may have also noticed a recent addition to the page, namely being the "The Song Of The Day". I have fallen in love with Nada Surf's "The Weight Is A Gift" album and decided to list their opener "Concrete Bed" as my favourite song of the past week or so. Apologies/thanks to Rivjuando for the idea. He has had a similar list since October 2004. You should check it out!

And that, my friends and followers, is all. God bless.

8 Comments:

  • At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    FOR SALE -

    To a good home. One previous owner. Renovators delight. Rego paid Round 22/ 06. Full service history. Chris Tarrant.

     
  • At 2:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To those amongst us that attended the game, good work and to those in the Greater city of Geelong that DID NOT - SHAME ON YOU!!!

    Personally, would have loved to be there to see the Cats steam-roll those North Melbourne boys.

    As for Chris Tarrant, we can't offer much and he might not get a run for awhile, but we would take him.

    Later

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger m said…

    Right on! Pepsi MAX!! I've never even heard of that one. Maybe it's a down-under thing? I'll see if I can pick one up. Might be a bit tougher to locate some Smith's chips here in AK, though. Song of the day, that's a good idea. Haven't heard Nada Surf in over ten years.

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is this a brand dropping blog? Do you get paid by these so called "companies" to talk about them in such high esteem? Do you get bombarded with free bread, crisps or ale? That is what I want to know.

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Are there any other additions to the blog family? We have now seen photographic evidence that there are various members of "JB's" clan. You elaborate so eloquently on these beloved "cats" of yours. Do you have a cat yourself?

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A concrete bed - that's no gift. You should learn how to surf(lessons given by Nada). She's hot man.

     
  • At 4:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love you posts they are very well written and keep me interested to read more.

    keep it up man.
    Nubbit.com

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Come on JB, where's your update on the Cats v Hawks game...i'm anxious to know the result, can you let us all know??? LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home