The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Monday, February 20, 2006

Run! Run for your life ...

What else is there to do when you're putting more music on your iPod? As it stands, I have broken the 6,000 song mark and listening to a bit of Better Than Ezra's "Live At House Of Blues - New Orleans" is the perfect soundtrack for the weekly confessional here at Blog Central. Before you ask, Valentine's Day passed without flowers (thanks ladies) and last week - my first week back at work after a brief sojourn - was uneventful.

But a big thing happened to The Blog Family on the weekend. Momma and Poppa Blog are the proud owners of a new (well, actually, it's quite old) house close to the bay. It's not a "renovator's delight" but there will be plenty to do this year if they want to move in by Christmas.

So the house I'm writing from at the moment is now on the market and then we'll move temporarily into the other house outside Geelong while work is going on at the new (sorry, old) house. Such was the unexpected nature of the major purchase on Saturday that Poppa Blog was the only one from the family who attended the auction. Little did he realise that he would be the buyer by day's end (luckily, he took the chequebook). My parents are nervous but giddy and I'm excited for them. I'll post some pictures of the place and the work we'll be doing on it in the coming year.

Not much else is happening, but those rambling runners from last year will be back this weekend, parading along the Barwon River this Sunday for another 10km fun run. Come along for a look if you have nothing better to do. I'm sure you don't! I've been in training, but I'm not sure the same can be said for the District Attorney.

Again, the aim will be to run in stunted Cliff Young fashion and finish without stopping whilst wearing daggy fitness attire and getting in touch with our feminine side. After all, we were surrounded by women all day last time!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    6000???? You have too much time/money on your hands obviously!

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey where can I get one of those 'running man'action figurines? my five year old would love one.

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yes! I saw these in a great little boutique on chapel. oh you 'must' get one. they are to die for. I told my tyson - he's studying at Melbourne Grammar of course - the poor little darling - he's growing so fast now - I told him iPods will soon loose their popularity and when all the other children see 'running man' he too can eb popular and work with his daddy on the foreign desk at the AWB.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home