The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Cupid keeps missing ...

So it's Valentine's Day, huh? I'm with Sandy Cohen on this one (yes, I have been watching re-runs of The O.C.) in that I don't believe in it. What is hard to believe, or maybe not, is that I've never had a girlfriend when February 14 rolls around on the calendar. Hence, my ambivalence to this Hallmark holiday. Today should be remembered more for the 40th anniversary of decimal currency in Australia. Where's the love? More importantly, where's the money?

Well, I returned to work yesterday and again there's been a bit of upheaval. JB, however, is firmly rooted to where he was before. It feels sometimes that I'm going nowhere fast, but after going almost everywhere last year, that might be expected. I was reminded last week that 2005 was a bit of a dreamworld for me and that now is reality.

Apart from basking in the glow of the Steelers Super Bowl victory, I didn't get up to much during my vacation. I did get a start on the photo albums of my trip and so far I'm up to my train ride to Pittsburgh, home of the Steelers. I hardly went to the gym but I'm happy to report that I'm loaded up with more than 1,000 new tunes on my iPod after updating it during the break. And I played plenty of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 on the Xbox, where I have won almost $US45 million. Again, take me to that dreamworld!

And you will see there are no photos. That's because there's nothing exciting happening, but hopefully I will have my camera replaced or repaired in the coming weeks. Fingers crossed I will have some better news to report next time. Who knows, hopefully I'll get some flowers from a secret admirer, who is female, today? Wishful thinking.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1000 songs? Geez, I thought my 500 were heaps, I am feeling more than a little inadequate. What music are you listening to? We'll have to compare iPods one day - you so KNOW mine is pink, dont you?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home