The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Today's my birthday! Happy birthday to me ...

Needless to say, I'm not averse to shameless self-promotion, so I thought I'd share with anyone out in cyberspace that doesn't know already that it's my birthday today! Big JB has turned the big 28! Already, the text messages, e-mails and phone calls are flowing through, even though I'm at work. AP put a bright pink piece of paper on my computer screen that read "Happy Birthday JB" and her and Atomic Bombie took me out for lunch at York Cafe. (Not So) Single Forever hoped that I enjoy being a year older, wiser, and better looking. I can't argue with that! And happy birthday to you as well! Cousin JC, who had his birthday on New Year's Day said: "Welcome to 28, please enjoy your stay." Cousin Davis said: "Such a young man with so much promise." Umm, yep. Thanks to everyone else who wished me well.

Now I thought I would share some classic moments and images from the post-wedding bocce tournament over the weekend. "That's the measure," was a comment frequently used by Cameroon on Saturday, but it was the family of the bride and not the groom who had the measure, winning the men's and mixed doubles inter-family contest that had the capacity crowd of more than 15 both in deck chairs and under the shadecloth howling in approval. Here's me with Rogan Josh and Aviator Anthony in heated competition. An absolutely awesome sport where a beer bottle can be held in one hand and a bocce ball in the other.

As we speak, a proposal to build corporate facilities for fine wining and dining is being proposed at the Highton complex and discussions taking place for bocce to be more than just a once-in-a-lifetime event. Indeed, the bocce set Poppa Blog purchased for under $20 at K-Mart recently will hopefully be put to good use this summer. If we're lucky, we might even get a sponsorship deal! CUB do you hear me?

1 Comments:

  • At 2:22 AM, Blogger Stephens said…

    Happy B-day Bucko. I'm glad to see there are folks out there who enjoy the Bocce as much as I do.

    Next time you're in the states, we'll have to have a good game of Cornhole. Of course that sounds terrible and you are wondering what my intentions are, but I assure you that despite the questionable title, the game is quite enjoyable and is G rated.

    28 eh? I suppose I'll be following up with that same count in about 9 months. Cheers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home