The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Monday, February 06, 2006

Taking "The Bus" to a Super Steeler victory ...

My big week off from work started with something really big.

THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS HAVE WON THE SUPER BOWL!

I'm elated. Those who know me well should understand what a big deal this is. It's the first time in a long time that a team I support has actually won anything (Boston Red Sox excluded). Paraletic Paramedic came over and we watched the game. Had I known he was barracking for the Seattle Seahawks beforehand (despite wearing an Indianapolis Colts jersey), I would have put him back in his car and sent him on his merry way back up to Melbourne. Just kidding, mate.

For good luck, I wore a Steelers hat and t-shirt, with two other Steelers hats sitting near the TV. I also had the yellow Terrible Towel and my Jerome Bettis jersey close by. It was a shaky start and I'll agree with Steeler hater G.I. Vic (a resident of the Pacific Northwest) that Pittsburgh received some favourable calls, but you can't mess with destiny. Jerome "The Bus" Bettis was making his final journey, all the way to his hometown of Detroit, the site of this year's big game and it seemed like everything else was scripted. There were some amazing plays, like Antwaan Randle El's pass to Hines Ward. El Yeah! I was so proud to be a Steeler fan today and this more than makes up for the times I've seen them fall close to the final hurdle. Being an afficionado of the Pac NW, I would have supported Seattle all the way ... had they not played Pittsburgh.










Was it a sheer coincidence then that I was looking through some old pictures of my time in America today and found these? Here's me and LD wearing some Steelers jerseys when I visited her and maybe it was her awesome birthday present - the "You're In Steelers Country" banner that I proudly have hanging in my room - that got the team to victory. If it wasn't that, then it might have something to do with the fact I went to training camp in August with Premier Brax and Penn State Pete who were both working there and I even saw them on television today. Needless to say, they will be partying it up in Detroit. Mick Jagger might have been singing about getting no satisfaction at half-time, but I'll speak for everyone in Steeler Nation that I am satisfied! This is awesome!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A game with global appeal!!!

    Unlike those in the US or Australia with a favourable time zone for viewing this great game, some of us are required to stay up to all hours of the morning to get a result! The game end at about 3am UK time.

    So for those of us who stayed up to watch (or tried but fell asleep at 2.30am) it was still a great game with the Steelers beating the Seahawks (the basĀ£$&ds who I witnessed beating the 49's late last year with JB).

    So, to you JB, loved the room revamp and I with you on the great results for the Bus.

    Later

     
  • At 8:00 AM, Blogger m said…

    I was rooting for the Seahawks...but with fans that cute, maybe I should become a Steeler fan.

     
  • At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home