The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Friday, February 03, 2006

Woo hoo! It's a kangaroo (or three) ...

Greetings! I gather you're pretty sick of looking at my fat photos by now and perhaps bored of reading the story behind them too. G.I. Vic said it looked to him like I had been bitten by a dozen bees. Thanks mate. Apologies for the delay but I have been "on location" in western Victoria for almost a week covering some major bushfires for the esteemed broadsheet. It was then, during some downtime, that I took some of these pictures. Firstly, here's me with my new friends. These kangaroos were just hopping madly around the motel where I stayed for five nights. Having been away for a while from Australia, it was quite refreshing to see some native wildlife again.

And here's me with the lovely Grampians in the background as I down a nice, cold Victoria Bitter after a hard day at the office.

Yeah right.

For those in Victoria, if you want to do something nice this year, then you should pay a visit to Halls Gap. The small tourist town of around 300 is doing it tough at the moment. The town, filled with lovely people, relies heavily on tourism and very little else and there is still a lot of beautiful scenery around the place. It's a bit macabre and eerie to see where the fires passed through, but still interesting nonetheless.

Nothing much else is happening, although today is the first day of more than a week off. I know, I know, I've just had five months off, right? Well, it's hard to believe it, but I have been back in Australia and at work for more than two months now. Time is flying. And I'm having fun.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger m said…

    Looks like some nice country. What does "doing it tough" mean?

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger Jay Bee said…

    "Doing it tough" means that someone or something is not travelling too well. He, she or they are struggling.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home