The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Cheering for the Aussies, the Cats and AC. Literally ...

Australia are in the middle of a gold rush and Geelong are celebrating the fact that they've finally won something. What a game it was and hopefully 2006 will be known as The Year Of The Cat. It was a good effort by the boys and I had hoped to congratulate them at Kardinia Park at the club's family day yesterday, but seeing it was my only day off for the week, I decided to chill around the house, catch a lil' NCAA Tourney action and go to the gym. And watch the match again!

However, my thoughts over the past few days have been focussed on my good mate AC Literally who was recently diagnosed with cancer. It's been a decade this year that I met him in our English class after returning from my exchange year. We sat together and ever since he's been a great mate. While he's now living in the UK - remember gents, he's the one travelling around England and the world with the dream job of selling golf clubs - we still keep in touch quite often. Pictured here with yours truly last Northern Hemisphere summer in his old van, which went by the name of Bruce, the man with the initials of AC is one of the most positive guys you could hope to be around and that's evidenced by his attitude to this news. In a text message he sent me yesterday from The Mother Country, he said: "Don't worry about me dude, everyday that passes I'm getting stronger. No chance this can face me and beat me!" I deleted an expletive from that quote.

Anyway, he checks the blog quite frequently, so I was hoping that everyone who does as well can post a message of support for AC. Breaking all blog convention, I'll tell those that don't know him that his real name is Aaron. I've let him know that he's in our thoughts but if you post a message I'm sure he'll appreciate it. If we all are as positive as he is about his subsequent treatment and recovery, then AC will be in great stead.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cheers guys, I appreciate every word, especially from the Big #5

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Aaron! From a two-time survivor, let me say - it can and will be done! Take it easy, do what you have to do and do it in style!

    Kass

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    An Ode to the Golfer by the DA

    ~ An Ode to the Golfer ~

    walk with me a while
    her ninth is aft and undulating
    hold firm your shaft's brute four
    walk with me a while
    wielding through the rough
    her morning's dew will rise again
    to the club house
    drink with me a while
    our course is yet complete

    [ends]

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Jay Bee said…

    Thanks for the messages guys, I know that Aaron appreciates them.

    I also know that some less technologically-minded people who haven't posted are always asking me about Aaron and how he is doing.

    He's a strong dude and a "cool mother". His words, not mine!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home