The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Saturday, April 07, 2007

So frustrated in San Francisco ...

And that's only because of this slow and quite expensive Internet connection that doesn't allow me to check my e-mails. I arrived in Oakland last night, via St Louis and Los Angeles after leaving the safe and comfortable confines of 'Ome, the newest hostel in Hollywood, Florida. The King and Queen of The Porch hosted me for a little over two weeks and I enjoyed their company tremendously. Now, if only I could add some pictures! In short, I rounded out my stay with a visit with Murf Man to South Beach on Monday and then going solo to Fort Lauderdale Beach on Tuesday before boarding The King's unnamed 21-foot boat for a tour of South Florida's waterways north of Miami. Thankfully, the wind stopped shortly before my departure, making the tour a reality.

So now (and so frustrated) I'm in San Fran, staying at the Monarch Hotel that I have frequented in 2002 by myself and with Cousin Slugg in 2005. He will be happy to know that I had breakfast at Mel's Drive-In just moments ago and I reckon the same waiter who served us still works there. I wanted to have The Lumber Jack, but seeing it's Good Friday, I thought it was a good idea to abstain from half-a-pound of ham steak that went with the eggs, grilled potatoes and short stack of pancakes. I know Momma Blog would be proud. But you wouldn't know it's a religious holiday in these parts. The traffic still flows, the shops are still open and there are sporting events still on. And the only reason I'm going to the baseball this evening (the SF Giants host the LA Dodgers at AT&T Park) is because there is rain forecast for tomorrow afternoon, the home team's final game before embarking on a road trip.

Anyway, if I can check my e-mails and post the pictures that are worth at least 1000 words I'll try and update this here blog at the earliest possible opportunity, if only to please Poppa Blog. In the meantime, I hope you and yours have a happy Easter.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am sure there are more readers out there in blog land appreciative of the blog updates as well as poppa blog. Good to read that you are having an enjoyable time on your holiday.

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The old San Fran...good times! Mel's Drive-in's great american pancakes...the Monarch with its conveniently place bottle opener next to the toilet...and those hilly street. And Anchor Steam beer...the memories.

    Don't forget to head down to Hooters for some hot wings big fella.

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hooters?!?!?!?!?! WOO HAAA HOT MAMAS!?!?!?!?!? Bring it on knackers!

     
  • At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mel's drive in ... the one on van ness ave next to la quinta hotel? the chips and onion righs are to die for.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home