The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

What Greg Norman and I have in common ...

Today's the day! Believe me, with a little over an hour before I leave High Town to go to the airport, I have a lot more things of importance to do ahead of updating this here blog. But it was such a great long weekend that I feel compelled to tell my 812 readers about it who have followed me over my past 150 posts. It's been a great ride and there's more to come.

The Murray River may be dying but the border between Victoria and New South Wales - the areas of Yarrawonga andMulwala to be exact - are thriving, at least with regard to tourism. Everyone arrived on Friday night before some people went water skiing and tubing and nearly broke every bone in their body on the man-made Lake Mulwala before the first of four rounds of golf. To cut a very long story short, Cameroon won the inaugural Nedloh Trophy with some sensational and consistent play. Accused of dogging the Callaway handicapping system, I had a bad opening round of 132 on Saturday afternoon which gave me a handicap of 51 for Sunday morning's round of 111, bringing my score down to a very low 60. Similar to my weight, I'd like to get my golf game down between 95 and 105 and with that score in the book, I believed I was on target to give "Neddy" a new home. But on Sunday afternoon and yesterday morning my scores blew out handing the perpetual trophy to Cameroon. A big shout out also to PH Levels for winning the NAGA trophy. I'll let you Google that one. Congratulations to everyone for making the weekend a great success. We hope to do it again soon and I hope to give Neddy some better accommodation than he is getting at the moment.

Anyway, keep up to date with my travels right here. It should be a blast. I hope to be giving it four thumbs up, similar to yesterday when Cousin Davis and I saw this cool sign on the Hume Highway. I'd driven past on many occasions and always wanted to stop to a picture. I'm not sure what all the other drivers thought we were doing.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You all trying to P@&S me off! Man I wish I was there.

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger m said…

    Looking forward to seeing pics of the travels. Rather interested in your corner of the world lately.

    I have been absent for a while with good reason.

    Now I am a partner in a newly opened restaurant in Anchorage called "Ginger". We spent the last 4 months renovating a closed restaurant and have just this week opened to the public. More on this soon.

    Thanks for the shout-out about the drop-out. Cheers, Marcus.

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Listen here JB the accomodation at the 204 is mighty fine mate and the nedloh is very very much at home. The K-Beezer has just selected my new golfing shoes and my goodness the strokes I am going to shave, you better get some practice in down town Florida. I heard thats where the great white fish lives, I think his name is Norman someone...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home