The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Pump a fist in the air, like you just don't care ...


All three love sports and are happy enough to clench a fist in the name of this here blog. In the vein of ESPN's "On This Day", images of George Foreman and Pat Rafter join me in celebrating the special date, January 10.

Rafter, a wonderful ambassador for his sport as well as good blokes everywhere, like me, retired from tennis on this day four years ago. Foreman, like me, celebrates his birthday today. He might be more well-known for his fat grilling machine than his prior boxing career these days, but I'm convinced the old bloke, who turns 58 today, is still fighting.

As for that other old bloke? Well, the glass half-full says he is now half of Foreman's age, turning 29 today. Conversely, he also embarks on the first day of his 30th year. Gulp. Thanks to everyone who have contacted me so far. Apart from fielding calls and responding to text messages, I've been fairly quiet. I'm just getting ready to go out for lunch with the Blog Family before tonight's big poker game with the fantasy basketball crew.

For other interesting things that occurred on my birthday, check out Wikipedia, which ironically began on this day six years ago as part of Nupedia, before becoming a separate site five days later.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    JB, hope you had a great day and the chips fall in your favour tonight.

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Happy birthday! Remember Gwyn shares the day with you too. Don't feel alone in 29-ness, I'll see you there tomorrow! Old we are, hmmmm.

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope you got my text message and had a great day :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home