The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Merry, merry, quite contrary ...

I must admit I'm a bit over the so-called festive season this year and it's only December 20. There seems to be an endless supply of partying to commerorate the beginning of Christmas and the end of the year, which often means free drinks, which, far from being the panacea of all ills is really the reason for them. I can't remember the start of when we started celebrating Christmas, but it seems to get earlier every year. Last week, I had two gatherings involving the free flow of the frothy stuff. There's another one this Friday. All of the time catching up with people - not that they are really going anywhere - and drinking, which spells disaster for the headline and the waistline, can severely mess with one's head. Here are some pictures from last week's end-of-year bash, held at the fabulous Forum (not the one in Los Angeles) in the company of some of my likeable workmates. Needless to say, it was one of many Crown Lagers I consumed that night.










In a bid to avert disaster in the latter category, I have been to the gym three days in a row. Finishing early from work has been a pleasant surprise and I'm able to fit snuggly into some favourite clothes of mine again.

The (hopefully) last end-of-year shindig will be this Friday at a lawn bowls club in suburban Melbourne. Paraletic Paramedic is also having some birthday drinks tomorrow night as well. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy the start of my holidays as I won't be back at the esteemed broadsheet until January 15. What's the Blur song all about? Woo hoo?

3 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dude you spelled mary rong. its knot merrie its marry.

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Isn't the blur song about getting your head checked by a jumbo jet???

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think it's head shaved by a jumbo jet. New look for the new year JB??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home