The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Subject lines can be subjective sometimes ...

You might have noticed that I changed the song of the moment yesterday. It's from a group called Midlake (pictured right) who have recently assumed the band of the moment, as I found out last Sunday when I saw them at that favourite musical haunt of mine, The Corner in Richmond. While I had to leave early - one of the downers of not having a car and living in a satellite city like G-Town - it was still an awesome show. I went by myself, which I sometimes detest, but realise it occurs a fair bit because of my eclectic taste in tunes.

I had planned to go with my wingman Murfuoso but he dropped out to see one of Oasis' Gallagher brothers. It was cool to bump into Starbate there, have a few beers and watch Midlake as well as Melbourne group, The Art Of Fighting. They are also pictured right, while the opening act, Laura Jean, doesn't get a picture because she wasn't that good. Her incessant ramblings before the beginning of each song drove me insane. The Art Of Fighting were surprisingly very good, which makes me regret that I gave one of their CDs away to a friend a while back.

And on the topic of music, I'm currently listening to (Not So) Single Sarah's vast collection of music, which is actually called "MP3 Music For Jamie". The disc is one of a pair she sent me from the OH. I haven't got around to personally thanking her for the generous gift, but I know she visits this here blog quite frequently. After all this time, she'll be quite surprised that I got it but not shocked that I love it. On rotation at the moment is some Ben Gibbard solo stuff. You should know who he is.

Another Sunday night and another chance to reflect. That's if reflection really means having nothing to do, which has been the case this weekend. The Ashes gives sports-loving folk like myself the excuse to be able to sit in front of the television all day long and watch cricket, which is what I did at Murfuoso's crib yesterday. And it's now much easier for to see what's on the idiot box, as Poppa Blog got some fantastic device installed on the computer that allows us to watch TV at the same time we surf the Internet. Fantastic.

Today I went to the gym to arrest some bad habits that regularly show their face at this time of year. I'm a bit health conscious and, as of late, I've been reverting to the old me of not watching my consumption of food and beer, which I admit is sometimes tough to do. My punishment? Three hours in the gym this afternoon. My weight? It's not alarm bells yet as I'm hovering around the 105-kilogram mark but I'd like to look better.

At this point, I'm going to give a shout out to a couple of friends who are a bit down on luck. Both shall remain nameless but they are in my thoughts.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:52 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Yah! I am excited you got your music...and it only took a year!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home