The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Friday, July 21, 2006

Their drummer had left to pursue his career. The guitarist, meanwhile, was sacked ...

Look up the world 'cool' in the dictionary and you will see this picture.

Ladies and gentlemen, here's another blog exclusive! You see, Death Cab For Cutie have sacked their guitarist and drummer and replaced them with The Truth and yours truly following the interview, which followed Murfuoso's story last week. We have the facts and we're voting yes. I also have the picture, which I will put in the photo album. Nice use of the lingo.

But don't worry, Death Cab (right) are far from dead and Chris Walla and Jason McGerr are still in the band, hopefully for many years (and albums) to come. Even though we named our non-existent band - The Hacks - the other day, Murfuoso told me he can't play an instrument and my 15 years playing guitar belies the fact that I'm really nothing more than a three-chord wonder. Despite my job as a journalist, my songwriting ability is more John Elliott than Elliott Smith.

Seriously though it's exactly one week on, I'm still buzzing. This is cool.

8 Comments:

  • At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice picture.

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger m said…

    How did you manage that pic? Nice one.

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger carobert said…

    Holy crap, is this real? Such incredibleness is difficult to come to terms with. Your Death Cab shot far surpasses even my brush with the once great Rivers. Well done and looking foward to The Hacks!

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Jay Bee said…

    It's real alright. The Murf Man aka The Truth has all the hookups. It's up there with the Rivjuando Rivers shot of the late 1990s though, I will say that.

    JB

     
  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger Susie Bate said…

    It's still pretty cool.

    DCFC were playing in some random cafe in the middle of Wellington and the barista was talking them up LOUDLY. They're everywhere!

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger the captain said…

    I once borrowed a scarf off the the drummer from Gersey's brother.

    I ride for free, from Scotchma to Queen...

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    All I can say is...I'M JEALOUS...and yes...I MEANT TO MAKE IT SEEM LIKE I AM YELLING! Can you make this happen when you come visit Portland again?

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger Stephens said…

    Sweet Christo, I just realize your song of the moment is from Billy Talent. I have never heard anything from this dude except the single: "Try Honesty" which I honestly enjoy. Your endorsement of him will force me to buy and album for a full review!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home