The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Excuse me as I kiss the sky ...

There hasn't been much to write about here at Blog Central (well, there has, but I'll fill you in later on), so I thought I would note there's a little less than two weeks until the Fantasy Basketball Draft for this year's competition, The League of Masculine Love. I'm predicting many of my female readers have just turned off. What is fantasy basketball, I hear you ask. Well, click the link, go on, click it.

If having to decide who will form part of my team, Great Odin's Ravens, isn't hard enough, then consider the thought that the draft is on at the same night as AP's 30th. What a dilemma! I missed the draft last year as I was overseas and was duly punished, scraping all season long to finish equal seventh out of the 10 competitors who line up every year. My best finish as a seven-year fantasy baller was a second placing in 2002, beaten on the last day of the season! I'd like to pick Blazers' rookie Brandon Roy (right), but only if the price is right.

Some say that if I applied myself to other facets of my life (including work) with as much vigour as I do fantasy basketball then, alas, I would be a world beater. Maybe I am. But for now, I'll be happy to live in a fantasy world (right) and hopefully take the title for the first time. Some are flying from interstate to be at C-Bas' house especially for the festivities of draft day - October 28! There will be plenty of celebrations, contemplations and commiserations. And maybe a few beers, too!

11 Comments:

  • At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My, my, JB, what a pic! I think you're turning Japanese, I really think so..

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i miss Kevin Bloody Wilson

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So let me get this straight, you are choosing a ``fantasy'' over a good mate's 30th??? Man, that's a dog's act. If this fantasy draft wasn't important enough to come back from overseas for last year, then I don't see why another year is going to hurt. I'd take the real thing over a fantasy any day. I'd have a long, hard think about this one if I was you JSB178

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree with that. it's a dog's act that

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, I though fantasy shit was just for kids. What's with that???

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, and it's only the draft... Some friend you are to this AP

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    where is kevin bloody wilson?

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    not on this blog, you nuff nuff

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    An all-time low, JB.

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Low, low, low act JB...

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger Jay Bee said…

    the people have spoken JB. what are you to do?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home