The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Monday, September 11, 2006

Confessions of a bearded burbler ...

No, it's not Rex Hunt reporting live here from JB HQ. Yours truly may be sporting a temporary beard but apart from a love of footy and facial hair, I really can't be compared to the great man as I don't have a booming voice and I haven't paid women in return for extra marital favours. People have asked why I've decided not to use a razor or a lawn mower to fell that flourishing facial forest and I've responded with a number of answers ranging from "can't be bothered" to ''it's a tribute to my friends with fur on their faces". You know, that travelling twosome, Murfuoso and Geezer, as seen on this here blog, with beards.

But aside from coming back to a clean house, Murfuoso returned to work today after a four-week break Stateside with a wedding ring but minus the trademark beard. Meanwhile, Fitzroy North's most famous English resident, Geezer, proud owner of the Gilbomobile, had returned from Byron Bay without two things starting with the letter 'W': women and whiskers. Or is that the letter 'F': females and fuzz? The letter 'B': babes and bristles? Whatever it is, it's another first, I'm sure.

Anyway, so here I am, stuck in a whiskered wilderness. Does it stay or does it go? You can leave a comment - I haven't decided to stop people from doing so ... yet. It's not a life-or-death decision and things could be worse. Consider Ronald McDonald. If having your ear licked by a drunk journo in one of his suburban hamburger restaurants during the early hours of the morning wasn't enough, I now see Ronald McDonald could be sent to jail. Now, I don't know, but maybe he needs a beard. Pronto. With fries. And a Coke.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're a pisser JB. Having seen the beard in person, I reckon it should stay. Something different...

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Something different alright.
    But you'll cause some poor girl to suffer pash rash.

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Where are Ronnie Mac's ears? I actually think that he lost them in an arguement with myself. Ronnie is yet to be charged...although my team will make sure he is...

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i'm lovin' it

     

Post a Comment

<< Home