The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Sadly, Macca's doesn't sell Melbourne Bitter, even at 2am ...

I couldn't milk the Death Cab For Cutie picture any longer, so here I am early last Friday morning with my main man, Ronald McDonald. Thanks to AP for eating all my French fries and sending me this picture from her mobile phone.

To quote Custard, I used to think we had the technology. Well, now we do!

It was the beginning of a long and eventful weekend which included:
  1. Going to the Northcote Social Club - again - on Thursday night for Emma Heeney's album launch. A superb night where I was joined by The Truth and later AP, who was good enough to let me crash in the 'Borough.
  2. Good company and good beers on Friday and then having to catch the last train home to Sleepy Hollow.
  3. The Truth's Unofficial Bucks Party on Saturday, which included beers at Molly Meldrum's house. And yes, Molly was there.
  4. The return of Cousin Slugg and celebrating his visit with pizza at Armando's and a few ales.

The only bad part of the weekend was it had to end and the fact Geelong's season is now all but over, losing to the Kangaroos in Canberra by five goals. At least I can take solace in some amber fluid with Ronnie Mac. Stay tuned and I'll flesh this out with some more pictures and some insightful commentary. The only question is whether this beats my awesome weekend last month.

9 Comments:

  • At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is it true that you got to pat Molly's pussies?

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    'bout time you updated this thing. Did you get a happy snap with Molly?

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger the captain said…

    Didak, you short-legged mongrel!

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Top 3 Reasons Why Ronnie Macca Does Not Sell Ale:

    1) The 1st time he drank beers, he ended up with a not-so-enviable hairdo which resembles that of steelo wool.

    2) His shakes (strawberry especially) are good for the bones - they are calcium enriched.

    3) There is enough yeast in the hamburger buns - beer yeast does not need to make an appearance on the menu.

    That is all.

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's not why!!! Didn't you know that excessive drinking gives you a red nose? Ronald MacD already has one of those - he is protective of it and doesn't want anyone else to have one.

     
  • At 6:36 AM, Blogger m said…

    Ronald HAS to smile, so don't think you're making him feel special.

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Stephens said…

    Good friend, it seems you fast times and racey adventures will never come to an end. Your blog is a testimate to that fact.
    In other news, a handful of my colleagues will be travelling to your homeland for some project work, and I'm having an inkling of an idea to visit them while they are there. I'll definately visit if I make the trek. Stay tuned.

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am awesome. And you know it.

     
  • At 6:36 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Where's something new? You must be having TOO much fun. But that's okay...who wouldn't rather be having fun anyway? X's and O's to you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home