The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

"I don't wanna go to London, I told you I don't care" ...

I'm not sure what Third Eye Blind were singing about, but I have to say I really like this place.

Today I travelled around London with Can't Stop The Rush, who is pictured here with yours truly on the London Eye. I can't recommend this landmark highly enough. For £12.50 we got 360 degree views around the place and for around 40 minutes we were suspended more than 100 metres in the air. The skies were clear, which resulted in me taking some great pictures. I may consider a career change when I return to the metropolitan broadsheet. Not that I'm thinking that far ahead.

Then it was off to Big Ben, Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace. The guards were surprisingly off-duty so they had me manning the gates! From there, my next few stops resembled a trip around the Monopoly board: The Strand, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly, Regent Street, you get the drift.

Tomorrow we had planned to go to the one-dayer at the Brit Oval, which is close to Cousin Slugg's humble abode. But it's sold out and considering I'll have to spend all my money trying to get tickets to see the Red Sox-Twins game at Fenway Park in a couple of weeks time (yes, I know I'm wearing a Yankees t-shirt) I think I'll have to miss tomorrow's match. Following discussions with Can't Stop The Rush, JB will probably check out the Tower Of London tomorrow and other sights of this fine city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home