The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Thursday, July 07, 2005

JSB? A-OK ...

I'm more regular than fibre at the moment in compiling daily reports for this here blog. This is probably bad rather than good but I'm sure it will all change when I arrive in London - thankfully, given recent developments, on Saturday night.

I woke up very late in Norwich this morning to see news on the television of the London terror blasts. I'm more than a couple hours from the capital, but it's the topic of discussion on everyone's lips here. Just before, there were 25 people in an electrical goods store watching TV and getting up-to-date reports. Yesterday, the news was of London winning the 2012 Summer Olympics. Now, the same city is at the centre of a terrorism attack. Unbelievable.

I have not had much luck in finding a TV that is showing the first one-day international between Australia and England. I'll just have to keep looking. I had hoped to go and watch it, as AC Literally lives just down the street from the hallowed Headingley but it was not meant to be. I'm sure it will be in a pub somewhere.

For those (looking at you K-Beezer) concerned with my early patronage at such establishments, I'm more worried about my diet and my liking for an English breakfast. I'll soon start to look like an English breakfast, which consists of bacon, eggs, sausages, baked beans and mushrooms, served with white bread drowned in butter and topped off with a healthy tomato. It might be the national dish here, even when it is served by people who look to be far from Anglo. The meal could just be a metaphor for the multicultural melting pot known as England.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home