The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Monday, April 09, 2007

No eggs for me, just send money ...

Happy Easter from San Francisco, just not from Lombard Street. That was yesterday and I have the picture to prove it. Unfortunately, a technical glitz prevents me from posting other photographs at this time. The weather is much better than in previous days. That probably explains why I avoided the rain and fled to Macy's at Union Square yesterday, which will please the Queen of The Porch to no end. Now I am in a pickle as to how I'll get my four business suits and a collection of other attire home. But I will worry about that another time. You're probably wondering why I bought so many. We'll, when you can buy a Ralph Lauren or a Donald Trump suit for $US120, it's a good thing. Overall, I saved more than $US1700. It's just I had to spend $US480.

Today, I'm going to take advantage of the sunny skies and do a bicycle ride along the Golden Gate Bridge. Yesterday, I saw the Bay Bridge, which is also pictured left, along with many other things. I made the most of my all-day pass on the cable car and avoided walking (most of) the steep hills. I really love this city. Last night, I had clam chowder at Fisherman's Wharf washed down with an Anchor Steam. Cousin Slugg will be disappointed to know it was served in a brown plastic bottle. I had ice cream at an awesome little neighbourhood shop, avoiding the overhyped and overcrowded Ghiardelli Square for the most part. I saw Darth Vader and a storm trooper pose for pictures. I worried about the many homeless people in the city. I basked in the glow of a Geelong victory, receiving countless text messages from home and abroad. I felt vindicated for missing yesterday's baseball game as Barry Bonds didn't play, seeing him the night before with more than 40,000 fans on a cold night, drinking cold beer.

And yes, I continued to buy more stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home