The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Never is a promise and you can't afford to lie ...

Poignant subject line, I know. Great Fiona Apple song, too. Check it out.

I promised that normal transmission would resume shortly. It didn't. Aside from saying sorry, it's also me who feels remorseful that I've neglected what has been a fixture in the lives of many close to me in the last couple of years.

But I think the blog is dying a slow death and that, after 194 posts - including this one - comes the feeling it's almost time to pull up stumps.

I remember that in times past I would put a picture or two up here to mark an important moment in my life, like travelling. Well, I've been to Sydney three times this year and I haven't posted anything. My return trip to Hawaii has also sadly not been recorded in the annals of this here blog.

The blog might still have a place and it technically isn't going anywhere. It's right here, still, right? I might come back here now and again when I get some motivation but for those who hope of it being like the good ol' days will probably be disappointed. I'm disappointed, too.

I know I have got some loose ends - those Sydney trips, including the second instalment of my September to remember - that need tying up. They still might. Just not right now.

In summary, I'm feeling pretty good since changing jobs (but still with the esteemed broadsheet) and moving to Melbourne (but still calling Geelong home). I'm getting lots of comments and compliments on my appearance and people tell me I look happy. They're right. I am.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    screw facebook. book some facetime on the blog. folks. it's all about... jb and what's making news in your city. your news. your city. that's why more melburnians are making the switch. deal or no deal is funny. it's either a deal... or it's not. and their cheques are really big. fine and sunny - we're expecting a top of 24. currently it's 21. more news in an hour.

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    We can't kill blogger! I think posts every couple months are completely fine as we get older almost 30 of course) and busier. But, don't kill it! Oh, I think I will make a two year goal to visit Australia. That'll give me PLENTY of time to find a cheap ticket!

    PS: Glad you are happy, as you are a bright light to many, including myself.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home