The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Tonia, this one goes out to you ...

I'm still convinced that Facebook killed Blogger. And unfortunately for the latter, it was a slow, incremental and rather painful death. But perhaps Blogger hasn't been read its last rites. A friend of mine, let's call her Starbate, e-mailed me this afternoon and wrote: "Your fans are waiting to see if you’re going to say anything about the football." In fact, one of those fans, Tonia, had told said Starbate: "Can you ask JB to hurry up and update his blog, I'm trying to be a fan but everyday I keep seeing the same old story."

Maybe the dwindling readership have grown tired with coming to this here blog and seeing the same ol' stories. I don't know, because I don't hear from them like I did in the past. There was the District Attorney, Paraletic Paramedic, Cousin Slugg and Trent Croad's Thighs, just to name a few. But they, like yours truly, are now all members of Facebook Nation. It's called progress. But that doesn't mean I have to like it.

So, what has been happening in The Life And Times Of JB? Well, I'm housesitting for K-Beezer and Cameroon who are somewhere in Europe and will shortly be joined by the Blog Parents. But don't feel bad for me, because aside from getting free rent, I will be in Hawaii in less than two weeks time. In between that, I'm hoping to not go to one grand final but two. It just all depends on what Geelong and Manly do over the course of this weekend.

And finally, on the topic of football - in particular the Australian Rules variety - a work colleague, (via Facebook yesterday nonetheless) informed me that Googling the words "Geelong" and "keeping a lid on it" will list this here blog. "I was looking for a slightly more authoritative source of information but it was thrilling nonetheless," wrote Silky Dan. "You know you can link to your blog from Facebook? Just think how many people could access your observational nuggets then ... although, to be fair, I have installed such a link myself and have noticed no discernable uptick in blog traffic."

So there you had it, Blogger was pronounced dead but the defibrillators are doing their best. Please wait in the emergency room and hope for the best.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I miss the blog too JB. Now be my Facebook friend.
    From anonymous blog reader formerly known as SH. Ooooh, cryptic.

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hahahahahahahahahaha
    Oh thank you JB, I feel honoured!!
    hahahahahahaha

    Nice work, you have made my day
    Can't wait to hear all about Hawaii

    I'm not a footy fan but best of luck in the finals

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Could that be Sally Heppleston???

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm stil with you mate!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home