The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Monday, July 30, 2007

Ready, set, GO ...

My excitement can't be contained in the world of sports at the moment. Geelong are the AFL's top cats, although the mantra of "keeping a lid on it" is one I preach daily. Like an evil lover, they have let me down on too many occasions. In the NRL, Manly are second on the ladder to my second favourite team, Melbourne Storm. Boston are top of the AL East in the baseball while the Steelers, who have enjoyed recent success, are ready to begin another season, although I'm sad to say my good mate, Premier Brax, has gone west and is working for another team.

But the purpose of this post is to put a picture of Greg Oden wearing a Blazers jersey on this here blog. I was ecstatic when Portland got the first pick before using it on this seven-foot manchild, who has the craggy face of a guy in his 40s even though he's still a teenager. Apologies to that other esteemed broadsheet, The Oregonian, for "borrowing" this picture (left) of a Blazers billboard for this post. Along with Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge, I have no doubt Oden will restore the faith of those associated with Rip City.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    JB, it may be time to take the next step in the IT world and enter the realm of facebook....

     
  • At 7:08 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    "Rip city, rap city, we're the Blazers and we love to play!" That's the rap the team released on the radio when I was in the sixth grade and they were actually still GREAT! Hopefully you are right and Oden will restore the love for b-ball in the Rose City. It has been a while!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home