The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Saturday, June 09, 2007

All dressed up then, now nowhere to go ...

This is a tale of two Saturday nights. I'm on the computer updating my blog now and yes, I know, that sounds like so sad being a Saturday night! Earlier I was serenaded by the beautiful Carla Bruni, whose latest release "No Promises" is wonderful as is "The Crane Wife" by The Decemberists. The contents of both albums and some other ditties pushes my iPod song count to more than 8,000 tracks. 8,032 to be exact. I had fish and chips, I watched footy on the television and soon I will be going to bed.

Last night was spent belatedly celebrating the Murf Man's birthday, but just in a grander fashion than last time. The camera took the night off after a busy evening enjoying the Melbourne Storm game about this time last week. Yes, Molly was there, as was Bracksy but Russell Crowe failed to make an appearance to support his beloved Bunnies as they lost 26-10.

CA, Murf Man and yours truly were in Collingwood last evening but I think that other dude from last week might be across the Tasman. Both were great nights and you'll just have to take it from me. I was at "home" by 3.30am this morning ready to fight another day. After saying farewell to Murf Man and The Jeweller, I had an awesome day looking at some golf clubs and taking in the Sneakers exhibition at the NGV. So here's to the long weekend - see the monarchy does give us something after all - as I look forward to Sydney.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger mrs. watson said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger mrs. watson said…

    Carla Bruni? Intéresser. Je consens de la Femme de Grue aussi.

    But only 8,000 songs? I'm looking down the barrel of 9,345 at the moment. Race you to 10,000?

    Good win in Adelaide by the way. Mrs. Watson predicts a 19-3 win loss ratio come season's end. Optimistic? Possibly...yes.

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Watch for the reappearance act...The Prestige! Back in Oz after a tour of NZ North and South Isles. Titleist Science Van up to Qld next week and so continues the travelling Wilbury....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home