The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

He never met a picture he didn't like ...

Welcome to Wednesday night here at blog central. Or is that Blog Central? I've been punishing myself with punctuation lately. OK, so Miss Oregon wasn't a winner after all. There were no posts about the latest addition to the Playboy Mansion - or The Life And Times Of JB - so tonight I'll mix it up. I'm still taking entries for The Life And Times (Of The Mates) Of JB - Volume 2, as Volume 1 was a big success. Since then, AC Literally has disappeared, Murf still barracks for Collingwood and Slugg is in London.

His brother, Cousin Davis, joined me and said Murf Man as well as his better half, The Jeweller, at the Dave Matthews Band gig last week. I looked for the review but couldn't find it, so you'll have to settle for one from the first time I saw them in 2005. I only mention it to put this picture up. Or is that below? The art of taking the perfect concert picture is, as Tony Greig is want to say, a tough ask. Everything - the lighting, the band, the crowd, my ever-wavering right hand - has to be right. Then you need a bit of luck. It's an equation where the figures very rarely add up. But I think I did it (below left). Compare it to one of my favourite photographs (below right) I have ever taken - and I have taken a few - of Death Cab For Cutie at Portland's Crystal Ballroom in late 2005. They look good if I don't say so myself.




4 Comments:

  • At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dave matthews sucks

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    anonymous bloggers like the above poster suck

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger m said…

    Crystal Ballroom. Nice venue!

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dave matthews sucks.
    deal with it. loser

     

Post a Comment

<< Home