The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Monday, April 30, 2007

A farce (and a football team) ...

No, I'm not here to rave about the end of the Cricket World Cup or Ben Cousins returning from drug rehab. What angered me today was the news that Victoria Bitter has released a new mid-strength beer that comes in the same distinctive brown bottle but is adorned with a different label. Talk about a new yellow peril. A colleague will have an article to appear tomorrow in the esteemed broadsheet which is still esteemed, but just not as broad. The beer, like the esteemed broadsheet, is proudly Australian, but so is Australian Idol and that means I don't have to like it. But lump it I must. I pondered its existence just moments ago - a blog Exclusive (with a capital E).

Other things getting my goat this week are the fickleness of females, the game of golf and the performance of one Geelong Football Club. The latter (but also the formers) are continually happy to take my money but not willing to give me any value in return. The Cats were hardly back and coach Mark Thompson lamented his "weak" team. It's the last time I believe what I read on a banner. After watching them lose to Hawthorn in the unlikely surrounds of Tasmania last week, I ventured to Kardinia Park yesterday to watch them be humiliated by the Kangaroos. I was due to sit with Poppa Blog in out new Brownlow Stand seats, but took up an offer from the sister of a work colleague who was looking for someone to hang with. I've been to the movies by myself in the past, but I don't think I could do the footy solo. So the highlight of the day was meeting her and popping down to Momma Blog and P-Blog at halftime to indulge in a cup of tomato soup. I'm not going to talk about the game. We all remember last year's ill-fated football blog. I do, anyway.

So that's about it. What do I like then? In no particular order: A nice glass of Captain Morgan (and their cool commercials), upsets in the first round of the NBA Playoffs, watching a cool television show like Entourage with a big bowl of microwave popcorn, going to the gym and instantly seeing the results, renewing acquaintances with old mates and making new friends, prospects, going to gigs with the Murf Man (stay tuned), listening to Silversun Pickups, Burden Brothers and Modest Mouse. But most of all, I like hanging out with my family, pictured left at Rogan Josh's 22nd birthday shindig on Saturday, because they are great people and the only people to understand me sometimes.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry to hear about all your frustrations mate, but good to get an update from the Blog Master!

    As for the Cats, not sure what's worse getting to enjoy seeing live a few good games or sitting on the other side of the world reading about the s*%t performance week after week.

    Anyway, not much happening in the life and times of SB, expect a bit of playing for Davis' trip over.

    Later Champ.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home