The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

John So would be so stoked ...

Plenty to report from San Luis Obispo where I'm staying at a neat little hostel but unfortunately not a lot of time to thrash out what I've been up to for the last few days. As mentioned, I successfully biked the Golden Gate Bridge yesterday and met up with another guy from Melbourne who has been on tour for more than a year. He has a cool blog and so many stories. I told him he should write a book. The views from the nearby Marin Headlands were amazing. I then hired a cool white Hyundai Elantra - I reckon I'll call him Harry Hyundai alias Fran Whitesans - last night and drove to Pacifica, which was as far as I could get because I was so tired.

Today, I took the famed Highway 1 all the way to here via Pebble Beach. I would like to one day (a) have the money to play there and (b) have the skills to play there. In that order. The drive all the way down was everything I imagined it to be and not good for a photographic addict like myself. Tomorrow, I'll probably head to Los Angeles for my final night in America. One of Murf Man's good mates is putting me up - I'm not sure if he offered or I just asked - so I'll probably see some of the sights before flying out on Wednesday night. It's been a great trip. And to think that exactly a month ago I had arrived in Honolulu.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LA. Bring it on. Murf's men are usually fairly reliable from what I hear. Get into the Griffith Park highlands in Hollywood if you get the chance. Oh, and hit the 101 for some cheap (but awesome) diner food. YES, the 101 diner from Swingers! It's an LA must! (I wonder if Marty and Elaine are playing tomorrow night at the Dresden?)

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dan murphy is from adelaide.

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Susie Bate said…

    Oh my god! You met Dan?!

    The Kevin Bacon Experiment indeed...such a small world!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home