The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

"It's time I got back to the good life" ...

I feel like the hamster running around the wheel at the moment. Busily going nowhere fast. Always counting down to the weekend, only to find that I'm busy both days and then regretting that I haven't simply rested. I can't even remember the last time I had a sleep in. In my own bed. I can't say I need a holiday, because - let's face it - I have more vacation time than the average person. A week at Spring Racing Carnival, three weeks over Christmas and New Year, five weeks to travel to the United States and looking, at least, to have another three weeks in Hawaii and Florida in October. And then there's Christmas and New Year again. And my 30th birthday. I might as well never work again. Here's to positive thoughts.

So tonight I'm at home. Poppa Blog got the computer back so I'm frantically putting some of Murf's music collection on my iPod. This evening it's The Arcade Fire, +44, The Notorious B.I.G. and Lily Allen. Murf and me both went and watched Melbourne Storm beat the Bulldogs last night and he's no longer convinced that it's a sport played and followed by boof brains and block heads. Momma Blog even expressed her joy at the resurgance the game is enjoying. The day before I saw Geelong stride to victory against West Coast. Before that I played golf and despite having a lesson with the club pro I still managed to hit 130. Saturday I went to bed very early because of the night before celebrating Murf's birthday - welcome to your 30th year boy - and drinking at the pub up from work where I succeeded in nearly obliterating myself. Hence the subject line, even if it was only for a short time only.

Anyway, here are some pictures. On the left is Cap'n Neilson with yours truly. Anyone who can conjure up a bottle of the famed spiced rum at 1am in the morning is a winner in my books. On the right is one of many pictures that Poppa Blog took at the football on Sunday with his new camera. He's a winner, too.





3 Comments:

  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    I'm telling you...I see a future for you writing TRAVEL books. Then you can do what you love and truly almost never work again (in a real job at least). I haven't committed to Maui yet but really want to go. Loving Maritime by the way. Thanks again for all that music!

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm telling you...I see a future for you writing TRAVEL books. Then you can do what you love and truly almost never work again (in a real job at least). I haven't committed to Maui yet but really want to go. Loving Maritime by the way. Thanks again for all that music!

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    since when do we Aussies call them 'hamsters' JB???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home