The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Luckier than a four-leaf clover in a Range Rover. Sort of ...

I dreamed about getting back to the good life. And then I got sick. I've missed the past couple of days with the dreaded flu and I'm going to rest up over the weekend, which means no golf or other leisurely activities. I've stressed about leaving my workmates in the lurch and even tried to be Superman and went to the esteemed broadsheet on Tuesday, which made it worse and I've been paying for it ever since.

So, I've been stretched out on the sick bed, er, couch during the past couple of days and nights and have watched no fewer than three DVDs and games of rugby league, basketball and baseball. This may sound good in theory and it would be awesome if I felt good, but I don't. Headaches, blocked sinuses, sore joints and muscles. Remember that television commercial from a few years ago? I'm starting to sound like that annoying guy you don't want to sit next to on a plane.

It hasn't been all bad news though. I managed to catch the NBA Draft Lottery on Wednesday and my beloved Portland Trail Blazers managed to snare the first pick, despite having just a 5.4 per cent chance of doing so. I've been wearing my Blazers hoodie ever since and I think it had something to do with crossing all my fingers and my toes. Having Brandon Roy there (right) might have helped a bit, too!

You might be wondering what the big deal is. Well, I can say that having the top pick means drafting either grisly Greg Oden or the babyfaced Kevin Durant next month, both who are considered quality "can't miss" big men. And having either of them will mean Portland can shed the Jail Blazers tag, giving the great people of the Rose City an exciting and successful team to support again. I'm reading how Blazermania is back with 2,000 season tickets sold since yesterday, One team official called it the best day in franchise history. They needed some luck and they got it. If only I knew from where.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:17 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Hey...I popped in because I'm in the middle of a, "Look for new cool blogs quest" and my sister (Sarah) recommended yours. Actually, yours was the only one she recommended so you can go ahead and feel special now. I'm a bit surprised that she'd send me here because I hate sports. Hmmmmm. But then I read backwards and could see why because some of your posts absolutely make you the nice kind of well-rounded blogger I like. I loved the San Francisco posts -- made me miss the city. So, I'll check back in and just skip the extra sporty stuff.

    P.S I know I hopped on this bandwagon late; but I liked the beard.

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger Jay Bee said…

    Thanks for your nice words, Jennifer. While sport is a big part of my life, it's not all fun and games at The Life And Times Of JB. I like the beard too, but the ladies don't ;-(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home