The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Monday, August 20, 2007

180 degrees/180 posts (travelling in the same direction) ...

At work on a very quiet evening like tonight gives me the opportunity to search the Internet mindlessly and dream about other places. That's not to say I'm not having fun - I'm into my third week of being a "sub" and am really enjoying it. It has given me the chance to witness the fitness (to quote Ron Burgundy, I look really good being near that elusive 100-kilogram mark) and to work on my golf game. Hitting the links helps me fill the void that has been left in my life by not meeting a quality woman but I was nearly about to give it up at Moonah Links yesterday.

Cameroon and Cousin Davis joined me on the ferry from Queenscliff to Sorrento for our excursion to Moonah Links, the so-called Home of Australian Golf. After an extended warm-up we strode to the first hole of the Legends Course. And a legend I wasn't. First hole and JB hooks it into the trees. Lost ball and a penalty of one stroke. So JB tees it up, again, and hooks it into the trees. Again. Lost ball and a penalty of one stroke. You get the drift. After I managed to get it off the tee (and in a playable area), I lost the ball in one of Moonah Links' 6,747,506 bunkers and was about to break my clubs. Except they're not my clubs, they're Poppa Blog's. And this is the first hole. In short, I took a 12 on that hole and tried to put it out of my mind. Off to the second hole ...

It got a little bit better after that but my day dramatically improve when I followed a few simple pointers from one of my playing partners that worked well. So well, in fact, that I was bursting out of my skin to play again, which I did at 8.30am - the advantages of beginning work in the afternoon. I started strongly, but then it shortly went to the schizen. But it's not going to happen overnight and I've got to be patient. I feel like I've made some real progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home