The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Spendy September (let's hope it's successful) ...

The year was 1995 and I was an exchange student living in the good ol' US of A. My love affair with Septic Tanks started but something was missing. It was September and in my homeland both my favourite football teams - you should know them by now - were playing in their respective grand finals. And they lost. And I wasn't there to see them.

Fast forward to 2007 and there's a sense of deja vu. Geelong in the AFL and Manly in the NRL will attempt to avoid the repeating of history of 12 years ago. And they will have someone there who was absent last time. Which seems so so long ago.

And who is this mysterious person? Me! I got tickets. Just found out then that one my application to the ballot in the Geelong ballot was successful. This happen just a day after I snagged a ticket to see Manly play the following day. All I need now is an airline ticket! But I seriously feel bad for the many who have missed out on the Geelong ballot and I know a few of them personally. We'll be cheering for you!

I had intended to post about last Friday night, which ranks up there as one of my best days ever in the history of the world. Why? We'll you'll just have to stay tuned for that one, but I'll give you a hint. It involves a hot ticket, a football team, a member of a famous rock band, some good mates, a chicken parma and beer.

Yes, it was that good. And I have the pictures to prove it.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mate,

    Just got my ticket too! Unfortunately it's to Brogan's in Fulham (across from the Slug, which was already sold out!), but I'll be wearing the top and screaming my lungs out over a few cold one's at 5am.

    Later

     
  • At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm still on the blog mate, content has been lacking of late, perhaps facebook has had an impact.

    Got my ticket today to Brogan's for the final, Slug sold out!!! Just listened to the brownlow count and happy that Jimmy got it, althought Gaz would have been a great winner also.

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger the captain said…

    Where to start, JB? I think I've blogged 10,000 useless words in the past two weeks that, in the end, could have been summed up with a simple GO THE FRICKIN' CATS!

    The rumour is The Captain could be sighted at The Corner Hotel post-GF.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home