The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Monday, July 18, 2005

I saw dead people ...

The good times continue to roll in the mother country. On Friday, I was joined by Can't Stop The Rush at the London Dungeon. The Lonely Planet (aka the traveller's bible) was right on this London icon - long on blood and gore, short on substance and value. However, it gave a good insight into history on this wonderful city.
Then it was to The Monument for some value-packed views of London. It may not be as technologically advanced as the London Eye, but if you're willing to part with £2 and walk 311 steps to the top (and another 311 steps back down to the bottom) then you won't be disappointed. Thanks for the suggestion, K-Beezer.

Then we went to St Paul's Cathedral for Evensong. Unfortunately, I have no photos from the inside of this beautiful building, even though some of the riff-raff there - who treated the service more like a tourist attraction and were content on breaking the rules - took pictures. I pray that God Almighty has mercy on your souls and mine, for accepting a mobile phone call from inside the cathedral, albeit before the 5pm service had started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home