The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Thursday, July 14, 2005

My century at Lord's ...

Another hot afternoon in London gives me time to reflect on my last couple of days here.

I was joined by Can't Stop The Rush on a Tower Of London tour on Tuesday. Cousin Slugg seriously underestimated the time it took to wander through this historic landmark. We turned up at 2.30pm (after getting cheap tickets for £10 each from a Japanese tourist who presumably bought two too many) and there was still plenty more to see by the time we were kicked out around three hours later. The highlight was our tour guide, the beefy Beefeater (pictured here in his summer uniform with yours truly) who commented on my Jimmy Eat World t-shirt. I informed him they were an emo outfit from Arizona but I'm not sure he cared too much after that.

From there we walked along the River Thames. London Bridge was a big disappointment (it did fall down, after all) but Tower Bridge rated pretty highly in my books. Then it was to a pub for some well-deserved ales and we even went to a Walkabout, a pub that apparently shows "the awesome spirit of Australia". Not that us Aussies need to be reminded of our spirit. While the Crown Lager was nice, I'm sure the Irish don't travel to other countries and visit Irish pubs. However, I'm happy to report that the designated "dry" day on Monday was adhered to.

Yesterday, I went to the home of cricket - Lord's. I reckon I would have nearly taken 100 photos at this sporting temple and I have included one for this here blog. Magnificent. Then it was off to Abbey Road, where I attempted to get a photo of me walking along the pedestrian crossing, Beatles-style. I'm sure the locals get annoyed. I nearly got run over, but that is hardly new for me here in London. A couple of hot-and-steamy rides in the Tube and catching up with Westminster Abby for dinner and a riverfront stroll capped off my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home