The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Monday, May 29, 2006

Rounds 7,8 and 9 - This could be the last post ever on the Cats ...

I hear you ask: "What the hell is that?" Well, that's a colleague's attempt at taking a picture of me with a cardboard cutout of St Kilda champion Robert Harvey, a two-time Brownlow medallist, with a camera phone. Harvey had broken the record of all-time number of games played for the Saints who ended up losing to Geelong in one of the worst games apparently ever played just over a couple of weeks ago.

I can't really comment because (a) Geelong snapped their four-game losing streak and (b) I snapped my five-and-a-half year streak of not getting invited into the esteemed broadsheet's corporate box. Well, that night - which now seems so long ago - had it all. The Premier and Deputy Premier were in attendance as was Eddie McGuire's brother, Frank. I managed to drink enough beer and scoff down plenty of food and before you knew it, my super night in the "Super Suite" was over. I still managed to walk from one end of the city to the other with my colleague to a karaoke bar in the city. All in all, good times were had.










Going into the following Saturday then, I'm not going to say spirits were high, but I thought I'd see my boys put in a good showing against Collingwood. How wrong I was. I don't normally leave games early, but Cousin Davis and G-Squared joined me on a tram back to Richmond with a quarter to go as the District Attorney and Pauly Paul stayed until the end. The only highlight was getting the picture (above right) of Cousin Davis, myself and our other cousin, former Victorian wicketkeeper, Darren Berry. As you can see (above left), I was far from amused with the action on the field.

With that in mind, I decided not to take any pictures from Geelong's most recent loss against Richmond at KP on Saturday. The seemingly dream season has gone from bad to worse. Our coach, Mark "Bomber" Thompson, reckons we can still make the finals, but like many of my brethren, I'm not convinced (however, I'll still put $5 on some attractive odds in the hope of that happening). In the meantime, I think I'll keep my camera in hidden view for the rest of this season. In fact, I'm almost certain that I won't go this Saturday owing to some work commitments, so my nine-game streak will end.

I have enjoyed the posts by many of the anonymous bloggers out there who obviously take great pride in stirring me up when my team plays badly. It's all clean fun and in good spirits but happening much too frequently - that is, my team is poorly performing on a weekly basis - for my liking.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dat Camera iz faulty.
    Getz some new one.

    Knackers Knackerson

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In the END, you can be sure that Geelong will END up on the bottom END of the ladder Geelong boy.

    Keep on engaging in encouragement - not discouragement (some advice for Bomber)...
    How 'bout we END it here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home