The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Javed (Me and Dad) ...

It's a given that you have to get along with your folks if you're living with them - at 29 - and that rings true here. My Mum is the best cook in the world but the topic of this post goes out to my Dad, who goes by the moniker of Poppa Blog (pictured right, with yours truly) in these parts. He's been a real ally lately in the mean old world of real estate and it's sensational having him in my corner fighting the good fight against the industry's bad people. There's plenty of them to go around.

Which leads me to think that despite my various backgrounds firstly in sales (I was once my KMart store's "Customer Service Person Of The Year") and now in communications (more on those developments in a later post) I would still have absolutely no career in real estate. While it has been a path I have considered pursuing - as Paul McCartney would call "times of trouble" - in short, I am the following: too ethical, too honest, too fair, too considerate and too nice. Maybe too modest as well.

So this post goes out to, as Atomic Bombie put it yesterday "The Orb Of Real Estate". Too bad there's not plenty of them to go around as well.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You and your dad look like such sweet and happy people! You two scrub up well!!

    -Gwyn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home