The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Here's to Captain Morgan really being a captain ...

What are the three things I like about London?
1. 10.30pm sunsets - although I've been assured that this will change. The long days are enjoyed more when there are no mosquitos.
2. Captain Morgan Spiced Rum - if Thomas More was a man for all seasons, then this is a drink for all times. A classic.
3. The bridges - London Bridge may have been a disappointment and the Millennium Bridge may have been wobbly, but I love Tower Bridge and the lesser known Albert Bridge, pictured above with yours truly.

What are the three things I don't like about London?
1. The 4.30am sunrises - I'm staying in an east-facing room and I'm partial to 10.30pm sunsets and some Captain Morgan. Something's gotta give!
2. The number of ex-pats here - Is this Australia's seventh state? What happened to just relying on your ocker Aussie accent to pick up? Having said that, I "met" a girl on Friday night. You would not have guessed she was Australian.
3. The number of ex-pats here (part two) - You might be able to buy a VB or a Crownie (at severely inflated prices), but do you know how impossible it is to buy a Sherrin? I'm convinced there's a business opportunity to be had here. I was "forced" to kick a rugby ball around Clapham Common on Saturday, as evidenced above in full flight. Running like a gazelle.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you "met" a girl??? I dont think I want a definition of "met" do I? LOL

     
  • At 2:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All clean fun here. Nothing implied. The parents of JB read this here blog after all!

    JB

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Man, I've been checking out the blog everyday, and enjoying hearing about your exploits...

    If you can make it we're catching the Mariners on the 8th, and bucks night on the 10th. Talk to you later!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home