The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Thursday, July 21, 2005

How to make a dollar (and get a laugh) in Toronto ...

O Canada!

With a heavy heart I left London today, or was that yesterday? Many people, including Cousin Slugg, Can't Stop The Rush, AC Literally and Westminster Abby made the trip memorable for yours truly. A big shout out to you all.

To paraphrase the greatest band in the world, Tenacious D, I met a tasty baby from Michigan on the flight to Toronto today, which definitely made the eight hours fly, pardon the pun. After we parted ways - exchanging phone numbers but that was it - I then had to wait more than an hour for receipt of my overladen rucksack. Ridiculous. I managed to pass the time by collecting all the luggage trolleys for a refund of 25 cents per. I must be struggling. And to think I wasted it all on figuring out how to work the $1 lockers here at the Global Village Backpackers. Four attempts and I finally figured it out.

I'm not able to put pictures up on this here blog from the hostel and that's a shame. I have many to share including from Stonehenge and Bath and my final moments in London.

The blog is continuing make friends. Deb Star wrote: "Nice blog dude! Love the pics." My rugby-loving, lager-swilling cohort, Geezer, said: "Your trip is sounding like a trip through my childhood - we used to go on hols to Cromer - lovely part of the world, East Anglia". Of the blog, he wrote: "Any danger of you shaving for photos?"

Not in this lifetime, my friend.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ".....I met a tasty baby in Michigan.
    We *&%$£@~ two times then I left.
    Sometimes I think of my baby in Michigan.
    Why can't I stay in one place
    For more than two days.
    Why?!
    Because I'm talkin' about the road......."

    Sorry, got caught up in the moment! Well, the road is tough, but it's the place to be.

    Anyway, good to know that you made it without too may issues. Don't forget your welcome back London any time mate.

    Later
    Slugg

     

Post a Comment

<< Home