The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Sunday, June 04, 2006

General musings and turning 100 ...

M'learned friends.

JB's just kicking it here on a lonesome but lovely Sunday evening in the Melbourne suburb of Richmond where I have been housesitting for a month for colleagues of the Paraletic Paramedic. It's been fun being a bit closer to work and visiting the various pubs in the area. I've been hanging out with some old friends and others in the new crew. And, like now, I've just been by myself. Yes, just me.

I'm currently streaming the Barsuk Records Songwriters Show from April 2005. Awesome. Do yourself a favour and have a listen. Earlier, I kicked the footy with my good mate and fellow good music aficionado, Four Example. It used to be a common thing for us to have a kick at Fawkner Park on a weekend for a couple of hours before I went overseas. We both had hoped to see Dashboard Confessional this week for a not-so-secret show, until the lead singer decided to cancel owing to illness. The next big gig is Death Cab For Cutie in mid-July at The (fabulous) Forum and I'm hoping Four Example can help me out there. No pressure, though!

Let's not talk about footy. I believe I made the right call yesterday when I chose to miss my first game this season after going to the first nine games, instead choosing to hang up here. I could have jumped off the James Harrison Bridge yesterday into a chilly Barwon River after learning Geelong relinquished a 54-point lead to West Coast. I had set the VCR to tape the game after watching a very promising first quarter but wasn't too disappointed when I came back to see it didn't record at all. Instead, I saw the Melbourne Storm beat the Sydney Roosters 20-16.

What else? I'm still working (like there is an alternative - insert smiley face here) and I reckon things are going good. Having been back for more than six months from my trip, I can now confidently say that I don't believe I suffered a post-holiday hangover as much as I did last time. I'm looking forward to going to Geelong tomorrow for work and then visiting my family over a nice dinner - not to sound too demanding, but Momma Blog has been put on notice!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The things you stumble across during quiet moments at work...The Barsuk Records Songwriters Show is an awesome feed. Will make for excellent afternoon listening.

    Best, SB

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There once was a team from Geelong,
    That all their fans pinned their hopes on,
    While the pre-session flag, made them all glad,
    The real session was not that much fun!!!!!!

    How could we go down like that to West Coast after a killer first half? Question to the boys - Where's the heart??????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home