The Life And Times Of JB

"I'm not an MC, I'm not a G, I mean I'm A to Z - and everything in between."

The song of the moment (December 14, 2007) is "Even If It Kills Me" by Motion City Soundtrack

Friday, June 16, 2006

Far from a boast, here is another post ...

Not a lot happening in or at The Life And Times Of JB as you can probably guess. I've enjoyed my last three days off by doing not a hell of a lot. Today, I got a haircut and all the girls will be flocking to me and my sweet new do. You can either say "hell yeah" or "yeah right". I have also been cramming some last minute exercise for The Age Run To The G this Sunday. I know I'll be a bit sore and, in hindsight, I believe a little bit more preparation is needed. Stay tuned to see how I fare, along with AP and the District Attorney.

It's hard not to be trapped in World Cup fever at the moment. Like most Australians, I stayed up until the early hours of Tuesday morning to see the Socceroos beat Japan. It was pretty awesome. Given that I have some extra time off, I think I'll head to Federation Square early Monday morning to see the Brazil match. Anyone with me?

Along with the run and the soccer match, Sunday promises to be huge, with the Elliott Smith tribute show at the Corner Hotel in Richmond that evening. The Corner is an awesome venue and The All-American Rejects will be playing there later this year. I have seen some quality acts there over the past few years, including Death Cab For Cutie (before they made it big here), Hot Water Music and Alkaline Trio.

I'm getting ready to paint the town a light red this evening at The Barking Dog with a few peeps but in the meantime, I thought I'd update y'all on what is happening in my life. Is there still anyone out there? Apparently, the blog can be either friend or foe. Luckily my time here on this cold winter's evening isn't going to waste - I'm also updating Poppa Blog's iPod with the Bee Gees' "One Night Only" currently playing. Classic stuff.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:02 AM, Blogger m said…

    That Elliot Smith tribute sounds great, wish I could make to that one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home